Max Out: A Shooting Guide to Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin
- Updated: January 3, 2011
Are you ready to defeat the Evil Emperor Zurg?
Orlando United considers itself to be Galactic Heroes and has concocted a guide to help you max out your score on Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin.
Please keep in mind this is not a “guarantee” to help you achieve the coveted 999,999, but a guide to help you improve your game. Good luck!
First off, let’s start off by learning the basics. This is your vehicle:
This little bad boy is equipped to hold 2 guests, however only one person can control the spin at a time. We highly suggest to select one person as the official “spinner”. This will avoid any possible interference of movement while you’re trying to hit the targets. Also, make sure to communicate during the whole attraction. Let the other person know what you’re doing, and what direction you’re going to spin to as you try to hit each of the big targets.
Speaking of targets, this is what you will be shooting at:
You will only score if you hit the middle of the target, which as you can see, is that black circle right in the middle of the “Z”.
Compared to other shooting attractions, you can easily max out in the first room of Space Ranger Spin, but you have to be on your game. The first room alone has 2 targets worth 100,000 points each, so it can happen. The first 100,000 point target is located on a robot on your left hand side.
The robot’s right arm has a target, but it is moving. If accurate, your score can already be up to 400k-500k. As you pass by the arm, move your focus onto the palm of the claw that’s located on the other side of the room. This target is also worth 100,000 points.
As you enter into the 2nd room, make sure to continue aiming at the target on the claw. By now you should be real close to the max score. This room is full of targets that’ll get you some small points, but the one you want to concentrate on is the target at the top of the volcano.
This target is worth 25,000 each hit, so shoot away! By now, you should be maxed out. In the event you aren’t – worry not cadets, as there is one last target that’s worth 100,000 points.
This target is located right at the bottom of Zurg’s ship in the Battery Room. You can try to shoot at the target as you enter the room, but you will get the most success of hitting it as you are passing by it.
In the event you still haven’t maxed out, you have one last chance for some big points, however it’s going to take a sharp eye to catch it.
In the video room, the room where Buzz is battling Zurg for the final time, there are 2 small boxes on either side of the exit to the room worth 25,000 points. Although they are targets, they do not have the big “Z” to identify them as such.
The best way to catch the target is to wait for the ship to cross over it. Once spotted, just shoot away since you’ll probably only be able to hit it a few times due to the degree of difficulty of spotting it, and hitting it as you’re moving.
After this room, smile for the camera, as you should have a final score of 999,999 points, making you a Galactic Hero. In the event you did not max out, here is a list of the rankings, based on how many points you have accrued.
- Space Cadet – 1,000 to 9,999
- Space Scout – 10,000 to 99,999
- Space Ranger 1st Class – 100,000 to 199,999
- Planetary Pilot – 200,000 to 299,999
- Space Ace – 300,000 to 599,999
- Cosmic Commando – 600,000 to 899,999
- Galactic Hero – 900,000 to 999,999
- Targets up high and further away are worth more.
- ALWAYS keep your finger down on the trigger. Don’t tire out your finger by constantly pressing it.
- Most targets can be hit over and over. This is essential.
- Remember to smile for the camera, as you should be happy with your max score.
- Make sure to communicate with your Space Cruiser partner. Lack of communication may cost you a max score.
- Look out for a couple of Hidden Mickeys in the queue of the attraction, as well as Stitch’s Escape Ship in the exit area.
- If you do end up with the max score, and want to brag, make sure to let one of the Cast Member’s know. You will receive a small prize for your accomplishments.
Make sure to let us know who you did in our Buzz Lightyear High Score Thread on our Forums!